Carlisle House Bed and Breakfast is just 4 blocks from Dickinson College. As you are college-hunting, ask us for 10% off your room rate the first time you visit with your high-school student (excludes Special Event dates).
Carlisle, PA is located in the middle of at least 10 other Pennsylvania colleges visited by our guests!! When you are touring these other colleges, there is no need to repack and move every night! Stay at the Carlisle House Bed and Breakfast and take easy day trips around the area.
Carlisle has the best and most varied restaurant choice in South Central PA – so come back home for dinner!
Getting Here – Sorry, the trolley no longer runs, but to get here from the various airports, use the following links for Google directions:
- Carlisle (N94) – 10 minutes
- Capitol City (CXY) – 30 minutes
- Harrisburg Intl (MDT) – 40 minutes
- Baltimore / Washington Intl (BWI) – 2 hours
- Dulles Intl (IAD) – 2 hours 10 minutes
- Philadelphia Intl (PHL) – 2 hours 20 minutes
- Reagan National (DCA) – 2 hours 20 minutes
The Carlisle House Bed and Breakfast is within driving distance of many East Coast cities, and with Harrisburg International Airport close by, you can connect worldwide! You are easily within walking distance of the Carlisle Fairgrounds, Dickinson College and Law School, the Cumberland County Historical Society, the Carlisle Regional Performing Arts Center and some of the best restaurants, shops and antiques in Pennsylvania.
EV Charging Station:
For our Electric Vehicle Charging Station, see the Parking diagram below!
- From I-81 Southbound take Carlisle Exit 47B (PA 34 North) to be northbound on South Hanover Street. Follow South Hanover Street in toward the center of Carlisle. Just past the third traffic light at South Street, the Carlisle House at 148 South Hanover will be on your left.
- From I-81 Northbound take Carlisle Exit 47 (PA 34 North). Turn left at the end of the slip road to be northbound on South Hanover Street. Follow South Hanover Street in toward the center of Carlisle. Just past the third traffic light at South Street, the Carlisle House at 148 South Hanover will be on your left.
- From I-76 (the PA Turnpike), take the Carlisle Exit 226 staying to the right at the tollbooths, then take the first right and follow signs to Carlisle on US Route 11 southbound. It is about 3 miles to the square in Carlisle and we are 1 3/4 blocks past the square on the right at 148 South Hanover Street.
- From DC Capital Beltway and South: Take I-270N toward Frederick then I-70W to Hagerstown. At Hagerstown, take I-81 N to Carlisle and Exit 47. Turn left at bottom of ramp onto PA 34N and go under I-81. Drive through 3 traffic signals (Noble Blvd, Willow and South Streets) and we are on the left just after South Street.
- From Gettysburg: Take PA 34 North(called Carlisle Street in Gettysburg) and proceed north. It’s a beautiful drive through the apple production/packaging area and orchards of PA. PA 34 runs directly onto South Hanover Street. As you approach Carlisle, pass Home Depot, go under I-81, go through 3 traffic signals (Noble Blvd, Willow and South Streets) and we are on the left just after South Street.