• 2 tablespoons EV olive oil
• 2T chopped fresh thyme
• Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper (we love lots of coarse pepper)
• 1 pound (450g) tomatoes, (8 small or 4 medium-sized)
I always double or triple the recipe
2. Pour the olive oil into a shallow baking dish or pan.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half vertically, using Romas so no need to
remove stem. Toss the tomatoes with the oil and seasonings, then lay
them cut side down in the dish.
4. Bake for two hours, or until the
tomatoes are completely softened and wilted, and start to wrinkle and
caramelize. Depending on the tomatoes, they may take longer to cook.
Use or freeze in small containers covered with a bit more olive oil over the top.
Our favorite use is to rough chop and serve with soft cheese: Brie, Gorgonzola, Cheve, etc.