- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 t butter
- 1 t olive oil
- 2 T minced white onion
- 1 cup grated Gouda, Jarlsburg or other Swiss type of cheese
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 3 - 4 oz smoked baked salmon - flaked (not lox)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup Half and Half
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- ½ t dried dill or 1 t fresh chopped
- Dash of garlic powder
- ¼ t +/- salt
- ⅛ t fresh ground white pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Sauté onion until translucent. Let cool slightly.
Sprinkle about ½ c of cheese over pie crust.
Spread salmon over cheese.
Spread onion mixture over salmon.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over salmon
Beat cream, half and half, eggs, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper together with whisk. Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill if available
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.