- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 t butter
- 1 t olive oil
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- ½ cup grated Fontina, Asiago or aged Provolone cheese
- 1 ½ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 box broccoli florets ¬ drained and chopped coarsely
- 2 T sun dried tomato - chopped (you can also use oil packed or dried. If using dried, reconstitute by pouring boiling water over and leaving to soak 10 minutes before chopping)
- 1 T chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup Half and Half
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 t salt
- ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
- 1 T basil pesto
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Sauté onion and garlic over med heat until onion is translucent. Add parsley and sun-dried tomato and stir for 2 more minutes.
Sprinkle about half cup mozzarella over crust.
Spread broccoli over cheese.
Spread onion mixture over broccoli.
Sprinkle Fontina and remaining mozzarella over onion mixture.
Beat eggs, cream, half and half, pesto, garlic powder, salt and pepper together with whisk. Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.