- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 t butter
- 1 t olive oil
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 1 T chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup grated Fontina, Asiago or aged Provolone cheese
- 1½ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz Italian fennel sausage cooked, drained and crumbled
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup Half and Half
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- ¼ t salt
- ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
- 1 t Italian seasoning - crushed
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Saute onion and garlic over med heat until onion is translucent. Add parsley and stir for 2 more minutes. Let cool slightly.
Sprinkle about ½ cup mozzarella over crust.
Spread sausage over cheese.
Spread onion over sausage.
Sprinkle Fontina and remaining mozzarella over onion mixture.
Beat cream, half and half, eggs, seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper together with whisk. Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.