- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 t butter
- 1 t olive oil
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- ¼ - ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach - defrosted and squeezed as dry as possible
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup Half and Half
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- 1 clove of garlic, minced, or a dash of garlic powder
- ⅛ t fresh grated nutmeg
- ¼ t salt
- ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Saute onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is translucent. Let cool slightly-about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle about ½ c mozzarella/provolone over crust.
Spread onion and spinach over cheese.
Crumble feta over onion and sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the feta.
Beat eggs, cream, half and half, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper together with whisk. Pour over filling slowly so all liquid is absorbed. Grate a bit of nutmeg over the top for added color.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.