- 1 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 leek sliced ⅛" (white part only (about ½ to ¾ cup)
- 8 oz smoky ham shaved into chunky pieces about ½" to 1"
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream or Half and Half or mixture of the two
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- 1 t dry mustard
- ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet.
Saute leek, over med-low heat until limp. Add ham and saute together for 5 minutes more. Let cool slightly - about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle about half of each cheese over pie crust.
Spread ham/leek over cheese.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over ham
Beat cream, eggs, dry mustard and pepper together with whisk. Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.