- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust shaped in deep quiche dish or pie pan
- 1 t butter
- 1 t olive oil
- 2T cup minced white onion
- ½ cup smoked gouda or cheddar cheese (more or less as desired)
- 1½ cup grated light flavored cheese such as Mozzarella or Provolone
- 4 oz chopped Chicken (or regular) Andouille sausage
- ¼ cup roasted corn
- 2 T chopped roasted peppers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Half and Half
- 4 large eggs - beaten
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 heaping t creole (grainy) mustard
- ⅛ t fresh ground pepper
- ½ t (or more) Cajun seasoning (careful of the salt content!)
Preheat oven to 400F
Melt butter and oil in small skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat until translucent. Remove onion from pan.
Sauté Chicken Andouille lightly in pan. Add corn and peppers and cook 1 more minute. Stir onions back in. Cool.
Sprinkle half of mozzarella on crust, then sprinkle andouille/corn/pepper/onion mixture over. Sprinkle smoked cheese over meat mixture, then add remaining mozzarella.
Beat eggs, cream, half and half, garlic powder, mustard, cajun seasoning and pepper together with whisk. Pour over pie crust slowly so all liquid is absorbed.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden and center does not seem liquid when moved. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Quiche can be eaten hot, cold or at room temperature.